Holi festival – 16 to 22 march 2019
Coming to Nepal to discover Kathmandu, partying during the festival Holi, feast of colors is a way to see the local life ! Enjoy this event to visit Kathmandu, the Kathmandu Valley and the Chitwan National Park. A circuit that we have to prepare nothing for this period from March 16 to March 22, 2019.
Holi festival – Kathmandu valley – Chitwan – 7 days
The festival Holi is the most important festival in Nepal. It’s time to life one of the most vibrant and colorful festivals in Nepal. Holi is also called the feast of colors and marks the beginning of spring. When you arrive on Sunday, March 20, the night will be livened up with bonfires that are lit in the streets of Kathmandu. Visiting Kathmandu during the festival Holi is ideal to live a unique moment.
Chitwan National Park is the first national park in Nepal. Formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park, it was established in 1973. Chitwan is a preserved area known for its biodiversity. Its dense forests and grassy plains are home to rare mammals such as beaked rhinos and Bengal tigers. The park is home to many species of birds and the home to crocodiles.
Kathmandu is a city classified as a « World Heritage Site » by UNESCO. The tour of the city will allow you to see a city with a pleasantly messy traffic where traditions and religion punctuate the life of Nepali like the festival Holi that you will life during this journey. You will also see the main tourist points of the city such as Boudhanath (the biggest stupa of Buddhist disciples), Swayambhunath (temple of the monkeys), Kathmandu Durbar Square, …
This circuit in Nepal has been specifically prepared for you to enjoy the festival Holi , while making a first discovery of Nepal with the Kathmandu Valley and Chitwan Park for its known and recognized wildlife.
- 16 march : Transfert from the airport to the hotel with welcome dinner
- 17 march : Start to Kathmandu to Nagarkot, Kathmandu valley – In car – You will see the amazing sunset and sunrise on the Himalayas.
- 18 march : We go from Nagarkot to Chitwan National Park by car. You will see many animals and you may be lucky to see the tigers who loves this region. You will be able to observe the sunset on the park.
- 19 march : From Chitwan National Park, which you have had time to enjoy, we will return to Kathmandu.
- 20 march : Holi party, Kathmandu enjoy with the festival Holi
- 21 march : Kathmandu sightseeing with a local guide of the city. You will discover the district of Thamel with its small streets and many other things. In the evening, we will share a farewell dinner (or a goodbye for an upcoming expedition together)
- 22 march : Transfer from the hotel to the airport
The price includes :
- Transfer airport / hotel
- Welcome and farewell dinner at Kathmandu
- Nagarkot club Himalaya hôtel 4 stars BB Basis category – 1 night
- Hotel 4 stars BB Basis category – 1 night at the Chitwan national park
- Hotel Eco hotel 3 stars BB Basis category, in Thamel, with breackfast – 1 night at Kathmandu
- Kathmandu sightseeing by car to get to the various places with a local guide of the town
- Enjoy festival holi in march 1 in kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Nagarkot, Nagarkot to chitwan and Chitwan to kathmandu private car, van, jeep etc.. will depend on the size of the group
- Your guide
The price doesn’t included :
- Kinds and drinks
- Lunch and dinner (except the welcome and farewell dinner at Kathmandu))
- Entry fee for Kathmandu sightseeing, Chitwan national park and Nagarkot entry fee.
- Visa and international tickets
- All that is not included in « The price includes »
Price of this journey :
Trek VIP – Tailored :
We invite you to contact us to know your expectations for your trek in Nepal and the Himalayas.