Discovery of Kathmandu valley
We offer a short trek in Nepal, a unique route to explore the Kathmandu valley. This short 5-days trek is a route through rice fields and traditional villages and the riches of the valley. A breathtaking view awaits you on the great peaks of the Himalayas such as Manaslu, Mount Ganesh and even Everest. Marvel at sunrises and sunsets over the Himalayan range.
An easy trek that you can do with your family. An elderly person in good physical condition can do this trek in the Kathmandu valley. The trails are well laid out and the altitude is not high.
For this trek, it is recommended to do it in autumn or spring. It is possible to do this in winter too but with more difficult conditions due to the cold and snow which can occasionally be encountered.
- Day 1 : Departure from Kathmandu to Shanku by local bus. Shanku is a historic town on the ancient Tibetan route. From there begins our trek to Nagarkot (2100m), one of the great views of the Himalayas. about 4 hours of walking. Watch the sunset over the Himalayas, great panoramic view. Night in lodge in Nagarkot.
- Day 2 : After taking the time to observe the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayan range, we will go by road, rice terraces, forests to reach the village of Tukucha then to the charming village of Nala – 5 to 6 hours of walking . We will end this day in Banepa where there is the temple of Chandeswari, a temple renovated by French aid. Night in a lodge in Dhulikhel. From there, you will have the pleasure and happiness of having a second spectacular view of the Himalayan chain.
- Day 3 : Road to Panauti by local bus (about 1 hour) and trek to Godavari. The path winds between rice fields and different cultures. About 5 to 6 hours of walking. Night in a lodge.
- Day 4 : Road to Chapagaon, still by local bus, then hike in the beautiful countryside with many traditional villages of the Newar ethnic group. We will go up to the village of Pharping where is the cave of “Guru Rimpoche” which created Tibetan Buddhism in the 6th century in Samye in Tibet. Night in a lodge.
- Day 5 :Return to Kathmandu – Possibility to extend the trip by going to Chitwan National Park or leaving for the Poon Hill trek (Annapurna).
The price includes :
- 3 meals by day during the trek
- Professional English speaking guide (supplement of 30 euros per day if French speaking)
- National park trek and entry permit cards
- Transport during the trek as indicated above (possibility of private transport at an additional cost)
- Lodge accommodation
Meals are not a la carte. The guide will suggest you according to the menu. If you wish to eat “à la carte”, your order will then have to be paid by yourself. Thanking you for your understanding.
The price does not include :
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- The entrances of monuments and other buildings paying
- Tips for your guide
- carrier (option for this trek)
- International and local flights
- And all that is not included in “The price includes”
Price for Kathmandu valley circuit :
Trek VIP – Tailored :
we invite you to contact us to know your expectations for your trek in Nepal and the Himalayas.