Island Peak climbing
Looking for a long trip to Nepal with climbing. So this 19-days trekking peak for Island Peak is for you. Do you dream of Himalaya or Everest? We will go on an adventure together and go to Everest Base Camp. Live your dream with an Everest trekking peak.
The price displayed is “from” according to your choice of group.
Island peak climbing + Everest base camp EBC
Looking for a trek in the Everest range in the Khumbu region. It’s a long adventure that we propose you. Be careful to the altitude ! This trip for Island Peak climbing is a mix between a trekking peak and a mountaineering experience. We take you to more than 6,000 meters. It is an exceptional trekking peak that you have the opportunity to do.
Technically not difficult, however, it is demanding and requires excellent physical condition. We will need a day of acclimatization to get used to this very high altitude.
Once you reach the top of Island Peak, you will have a magnificent panorama : Ama Dablam (6,856m), Makalu (8,463m), Baruntse (7,720m), Lhotse (8,516m).
You will have the opportunity during this trekking peak to visit the famous Kala Pattar which offers a remarkable view of Mount Everest. But just before, we will go to the Everest base camp (5 364m).
- Day 1 : Kathmandu – Reception at the airport for transfer to your hotel
- Day 2 : Preparation for the trek. This is an important moment.
We will inform you about the expedition because it is an expedition that awaits you. Presentation each other. Please ask all your questions and we will take the time to answer you. We will also prepare all documents, including trekking and climbing permits. If you have free time, you will have the pleasure of doing free tourism in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 3 : Flight (40 minutes) to Lukla then starting trek to Phakding. This flight is a very picturesque flight. From there, everything begins. We will go to Phakding (2 610 meters) which requires a few hours of trekking.
- Day 4 : Trek to Phakding (2 610 meters) to Namche (3 440 meters)
We will most often move along the Dudh Koshi River (so-called for its white water-milk fed by glaciers) through forests and hills. We will reach Namche Bazaar. A beautiful, entirely modern small town that is the gateway to the Everest region.
- Day 5 : Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar
This is a very important step. You have to acclimatize to the altitude. There are many things you can do during your day in Namche. The best is that it is active because it helps you better acclimate. I advise you to visit the headquarters of the Sagarmatha National Park, and enjoy the panorama of the mountain. I’m sure if I tell you that mountain watching is not an option you’ll believe me. We are here for that, right? Other options are to visit the neighboring Sherpa villages called Khumjung and Thame and have an experience closer to the Sherpa culture and return to Namche in the evening.
- Day 6 : Trek from Namche to Thyangboche (3 680 meters)
Tengboche is a beautiful Sherpa village. It is the cultural center of the Khumbu region because of the Tengboche Monastery. The monastery gained its name during the Mani Rimdu festival where the monks elaborate rituals for days. The Namche trail in Tengboche is composed of several climbs and descents. Be prepared to face majestic Himalayan views. So beautiful that you will have a sore eye.
- Day 7 : Thyangboche to Pheriche (4 240 meters)
By reaching Pheriche, you will be closer to the majestic peaks and landscapes crying so much that nature is beautiful in the Everest region. Pheriche is a village that has been inhabited by Sherpas. You will also have the opportunity to see the lifestyle of Sherpas in a remote village located at high altitude.
- Day 8 : Pheriche to Lobuche (4 950 meters)
Trekking of about 4 hours, but no more, because of the altitude, the rugged and rocky terrain. However, beautiful mountain scenery greets you along the way to compensate for hardships and fatigue. There are some tea houses in Lobuche, which have been developed by locals to meet the needs of trekkers and mountaineers.
- Day 9 : Trek from Lobuche to Gorekshep (5 160 meters) – Everest base camp (5 364 meters)
Get ready for the most memorable day of your life. A short hike that takes little time to see the last village in this region, Gorakshep. Have lunch and then visit the Everest base camp. It is heavy and tired legs due to a rocky track and rarefied air with high altitude that will take about 4 hours to reach Everest Gorekshep Base Camp and about 3 hours to get there. return. In the climbing seasons, there are hundreds of climbers with their tents at base camp, reflecting on their plans to reach the summit of the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest. Back to Gorakshep and night at the teapot.In low Kalapathar, a small mountain, climb to the top (about 3 hours) and watch the landscapes of mountains rising in the sky. Many hikers come to Nepal simply to stand atop Kala pattar for a few minutes. Feel Feel the experience of a lifetime! After feeling your emotions, go back down and walk for a short time to reach Gorekshep.
- Day 10 : Gorekshep to kala pattar (5 550 meters) then Chhukung (4 730 meters)
Early in the morning in Kalapatthar, we will take about 2 hours to observe the sunrise over the mountains. The incredible golden color will come to rest on the roofs of the world. A moment not to be missed. After this wonderful show, we will have breakfast and continue our trek to Chhukkung, a small establishment at high altitude. Final preparation for the maximum ascent (6 189 meters).
- Day 11 : Chhukubg Trek at Island Peak Base Camp (5 200 meters)
It takes about 4 hours to reach the base camp of this village. The track is mainly made of ascents all the way to the southeast. Finally, we reach the base camp of the mountain under its southwest face with a view of a wide valley.
- Day 12 : Island Peak base camp to High camp (5 600 meters)
The path to High Base Camp is a challenge. We have to negotiate steep hills with sand and rocks, sometimes crossing narrow passages between huge rocks.
- Day 13 : Acclimation day
We will spend our day at Camp High for acclimatization to reach the 6 189 meters of altitude waiting for us the next day.
- Day 14 : High base camp to the summit (6 189 meters) and go back to base camp
The most difficult and exciting day of the expedition as it culminates in your victory over the summit. Departure very early in the morning (around 1 am), we will climb to the sky. In the beginning. We cross a rock ravine, then we will walk along a ridge. We will arrive on the glacier which starts at the top. To avoid falling into crevices, we will use ropes to climb the glacier. You are there! You are at the summit of the summits. Enjoy incredible views and enjoy a sense of victory and contentment. Back to base camp.
- Day 15 : Base camp to Pangboche (3 940 meters)
You will find the road easier because we leave the very high altitudes. Beautiful landscapes will open the doors all the way back. We will stop at Pangboche for the night.
- Day 16 : Trek from Pangboche to Namche
Today we will quickly descend to Namche Bazaar through Tengboche. The way is mainly downhill although there is a short but steep climb after crossing the Dudh Koshi River. The trail then continues with many turns with short climbs and descents until reaching Namche Bazaar
- <Day 17 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla
The last day of trekking will be marked by nostalgia for what happened during the previous days.
- <Day 18 : Lukla – Kathmandu
Return by plane to Kathmandu from Lukla.
- Day 19 : Transfer to the airport
The price includes :
- Transferts : airport / hotel to and from and Lukla airport by car<
- Accommodation : 3 nights in Kathmandu in a luxury hotel. During the trek, accommodation in a simple tea house with toilet and shower room outside the room.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by car with city guide
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- <Domestic flights between Kathmandu and Lukla
- Papers : TIMS card (Trekkers information management system) and trekking permit for Sagarmatha National Park. Special permit for climbing and mountaineering area of Lobuche Peak.
- Meals : 3 meals a day from which you can choose the menu among the proposals of the day (during the trek). In the mountaineering and climbing area, your guide will prepare your meal.
- farewell at Kathmandu : authentic Nepalese cuisine with live culture show
- <Equipment and accessories: Down jacket, sleeping bags, first aid kit, water treatment solution (iodine-based). Climbing equipment such as ice ax, ropes, crampons, harness, helmet, etc.
- Human Resources: A professional and experienced climbing guide (English speaking), all expenses of the guide are covered (wages, accommodation, meals, transportation, insurance, etc.). Special insurance for high altitude workers.
- Emergency rescue service : if an emergency occurs during your hike, we will provide fast and professional rescue and medical services. However, you must be insured for such emergencies, and your insurance policy must cover the evacuation of helicopters. In addition, you must provide the details of your insurance policy and authorize us to deal directly with your insurance company on your behalf.
- 1 porter for 2 trekkers up to 25 kg maximum (12kg maximum per person)
MANDATORY : <Certificate of aptitude for this high mountain trek demanding excellent physical conditions – Insurance for this trip
The price does not include :
- <Your personal expenses
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (except the welcome and farewell dinner)
- Your equipement (sunglasses, gloves, shoes, …)
- <Battery charger, hot water, wifi
- Private driver
- Shower in the lodges (1 to 5 euros)
- Tips for your guides, porter, driver,…
- Anything not listed in “The price includes”
- Visa for Nepal
- Your insurance (mandatory)
- Your medical certificat (mandatory)
Price for this exceptional journey in Nepal :
Trek VIP – Tailored trip :
We invite you to contact us to know your expectations for your trek in Nepal and the Himalayas.