Everest / Lobuche Peak
Looking for a long trip to Nepal. So this 18-day Trek is for you. Do you dream of Himalaya or Everest? We will go on an adventure together and go to Lobuche base camp. High altitude, mountaineering and glacier mountain climbing … Take the time to read the itinerary.
The price displayed is “from” according to your choice of group.
Everest camp de base / Lobuche east Peak
Looking for a trek in the Everest region. An extraordinary adventure awaits you. You will have to go mountaineering and fight the lack of air at high altitudes. For many, this is a dream, an experience of a lifetime. This is one and that is one. On the other hand, walking on the roof of the world is a unique and exceptional activity. It’s a human adventure during which you will meet exceptional people.
- Day 1 : Kathmandu – Reception at the airport for transfer to your hotel
- Day 2 : Preparation for the trek. This is an important moment.
We will inform you about the expedition because it is an expedition that awaits you. Please ask all your questions and we will take the time to answer you. We will also prepare all documents, including trekking and climbing permits. If you have free time, you will have the pleasure of doing free tourism in the Kathmandu Valley.
- Day 3 : Flight (40 minutes) to Lukla then starting trek to Phakding. This local flight is a very scenic flight. From there, everything begins. We will go to Phakding (2 610 meters) which requires a few hours of trekking.
- Day 4 : Trek from Phakding (2 610 meters) to Namche (3 440 meters)
NWe will most often move along the Dudh Koshi River (so-called for its white water-milk fed by glaciers) through forests and hills. We will reach Namche Bazaar. A beautiful, entirely modern small town that is the gateway to the Everest region.
- Day 5 : Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar
This is a very important step. You have to acclimatize to the altitude. There are many things you can do during your day in Namche. The best is that it is active because it helps you better acclimate. I advise you to visit the headquarters of the Sagarmatha National Park, and enjoy the panorama of the mountain. I’m sure if I tell you that mountain watching is not an option you’ll believe me. We are here for that, right? Other options are to visit the neighboring Sherpa villages called Khumjung and Thame and have an experience closer to the Sherpa culture and return to Namche in the evening.
- Day 6 : Trek from Namche to Thyangboche (3 680 meters)
Tengboche is a beautiful Sherpa village. It is the cultural center of the Khumbu region because of the Tengboche Monastery. The monastery gained its name during the Mani Rimdu festival where the monks elaborate rituals for days. The Namche trail in Tengboche is composed of several climbs and descents. Be prepared to face majestic Himalayan views. So beautiful that you will have a sore eye.
- Day 7 : Thyangboche to Pheriche (4 240 meters)
By reaching Pheriche, you will be closer to the majestic peaks and landscapes crying so much that nature is beautiful in the Everest region. Pheriche is a village that has been inhabited by Sherpas. You will also have the opportunity to see the lifestyle of Sherpas in a remote village located at high altitude.
- Day 8 : Trek from Pheriche to Lobuche (4 950 meters)
Trekking of about 4 hours, but no more, because of the altitude, the rugged and rocky terrain. However, beautiful mountain scenery greets you along the way to compensate for hardships and fatigue. There are some tea houses in Lobuche, which have been developed by locals to meet the needs of trekkers and mountaineers.
- Day 9 : Lobuche to Gorekshep (5 160 meters) – Everest base camp (5 364 meters)
Get ready for the most memorable day of your life. A short hike that takes little time to see the last village in this region, Gorakshep. Have lunch and then visit the Everest base camp. It is heavy and tired legs due to a rocky track and rarefied air with high altitude that will take about 4 hours to reach Everest Gorekshep Base Camp and about 3 hours to get there. return. In the climbing seasons, there are hundreds of climbers with their tents at base camp, reflecting on their plans to reach the summit of the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest. Back to Gorakshep and overnight at Tea House.In low Kalapathar, a small mountain, climb to the top (about 3 hours) and watch the landscapes of mountains rising in the sky. Many trekkers come to Nepal simply to stand atop Kalapathar for a few minutes. Feel Feel the experience of a lifetime! After feeling your emotions, go back down and walk for a short time to reach Gorekshep.
- Day 10 : Trek from Gorekshep to kalapatthar (5 550 meters) then to Lobuche bas camp (5 430 meters)
Early in the morning in Kalapatthar, we will take about 2 hours to observe the sunrise over the mountains. The incredible golden color will come to rest on the roofs of the world. A moment not to be missed. After this wonderful show, we will have breakfast to Gorakshep then continue to get to the base camp Lobuche. You will continue to hike to base camp as well. This will be the final preparation moment for the maximum climb with climbing (6 119 meters).
- Day 11 : From Lobuche base camp to the highest camp (5 600 meters)
The way from base camp to the highest camp is difficult. We will sometimes cross narrow passages between huge rocks.
- Day 12 : Acclimation day (5 600 meters)
To go to the top, we will stay here for a day to acclimatize to altitude and lack of oxygen.
- Day 13 : To the summit (6 189 meters) then back to base camp
The most difficult and exciting day of the expedition as it culminates in your victory over the summit. Departure very early in the morning (around 1 am), we will advance to the summit. At first, we cross rock blocks and then we walk along a ridge and finally climb the glacier that starts at the top. To avoid falling into crevices, we will use ropes to climb the glacier. Finally, we are at the top of the summit. Enjoy incredible views. enjoy a sense of victory and contentment.
- Day 14 : Pangboche base camp (3 940 meters)
You will find this day much more relaxing and easier than the previous ones because you leave the high altitude. Amazing landscapes will welcome you every day as well and we will stop at Pangboche for the night.
- Day 15 : Trek from Pangboche to Namche
Today we will quickly descend to Namche Bazaar through Tengboche. The trail is mainly downhill although there is a short but steep climb after crossing the Dudh Koshi River. The trail then continues with many turns with short climbs and descents until reaching Namche Bazaar
- Day 16 : Namche Bazaar to Lukla
The last day of trekking will be marked by nostalgia for what happened during the previous days.
- Day 17 : Lukla – go back to Kathmandu
Return by plane to Kathmandu from Lukla.
- Day 18 : Transfer to the airport
We will offer you a farewell meal at the airport
The price includes :
- Transferts : airport / hotel to and from and Lukla airport by car
- Accommodation : 3 nights in Kathmandu in a luxury hotel. During the trek, accommodation in a simple tea house with toilet and shower room outside the room.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by car with city guide
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Papers : TIMS card (Trekkers information management system) and trekking permit for Sagarmatha National Park. Special permit for climbing and mountaineering area of Lobuche Peak.
- Meals : 3 meals a day from which you can choose the menu among the proposals of the day (during the trek). In the mountaineering and climbing area, your guide will prepare your meal.
- farewell at Kathmandu : authentic Nepalese cuisine with live culture show
- Equipment and accessories: Down jacket, sleeping bags, first aid kit, water treatment solution (iodine-based). Climbing equipment such as ice ax, ropes, crampons, harness, helmet, etc.
- Human Resources: A professional and experienced climbing guide (English speaking), all expenses of the guide are covered (wages, accommodation, meals, transportation, insurance, etc.). Special insurance for high altitude workers.
- Emergency rescue service : if an emergency occurs during your hike, we will provide fast and professional rescue and medical services. However, you must be insured for such emergencies, and your insurance policy must cover the evacuation of helicopters. In addition, you must provide the details of your insurance policy and authorize us to deal directly with your insurance company on your behalf.
- 1 porter for 2 trekkers up to 25 kg maximum (12kg maximum per person)
MANDATORY : Certificate of aptitude for this high mountain trek demanding excellent physical conditions – Insurance for this trip
The price does not include :
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (except the welcome and farewell dinner)
- Your equipement (sunglasses, gloves, shoes, …)
- Battery charger, hot water, wifi
- Private driver
- Tips for your guide and porter
- Visa for Nepal
- Your insurance (required)
Price for this exceptional adventure :
Trek VIP – Tailored trip :
I invite you to contact me to know your expectations for your trek in Nepal and the Himalayas.